25th January 2023
What is the Clubs Conference?
The Clubs Conference is a weekend of learning and connecting for volunteers and educators involved in CoderDojo and Code Club. It will take place in Churchill College, Cambridge, UK on Friday 24 and Saturday 25 March 2023.
What can I look forward to?
On Friday 24 March you’ll have the opportunity to register early from 14:00. Join us for discussion sessions and a welcome speech, followed by a networking evening at 17:30.
On Saturday 25 March, expect a whole day filled with learning opportunities, starting in the morning at 8:30 and finishing at 17:30. This includes:
- Thought-provoking talks and keynotes
- Hands-on workshops across a range of programming topics
- Plenty of informal discussions and chances for you to connect with people involved in Code Club and CoderDojo
Join us to learn from others running clubs in diverse contexts, develop your digital making skills, and share your own insights. Tickets are limited. Book early to avoid disappointment.
I want to book my ticket
On the edge of Cambridge city centre, Churchill College is easily accessible by car or public transport.
By train: The Cambridge railway station has a frequent service from London, the Midlands, and the North, and a direct link with Stansted Airport.
Bus: The U bus takes you from Cambridge railway station directly to Churchill College in 25 minutes for £2.20.
By car: There is ample free parking along Churchill Road and in the main car park at the end of that road. Permits are not required. The College has three charging points for electric cars which guests are welcome to use. On arrival, Clubs Conference attendees should book in their car at the Porters Lodge.
- The conference venue has a built-in ramp up to the entrance doors, which are power-operated. Inside, there are wheelchair-accessible lifts, including to the dining hall and accessible toilets.
- Accessible parking is available in the Fellows’ car park, in the staff car park, and outside the Master’s Lodge. There is step-free access to and from all accessible bays.
- All conference sessions will be wheelchair-accessible.
- The Wolfson Hall conference auditorium has a hearing loop.
- A small quiet room is available at the venue.
- Event maps will be shared both via email ahead of time and as print-outs during the conference.
For more information, please see the venue’s accessibility guide.
Cambridge has accommodation to suit a range of budgets and preferences. The Moller Institute is located on-site at Churchill College, while the Hyatt Centric hotel and Premier Inn Cambridge North are both very close to the venue.
Please note that we do not recommend booking your travel or accommodation until you have a ticket to the Clubs Conference.
Spread the word in your community
Tell your friends, club team mates, and colleagues that you’re attending the Clubs Conference in Cambridge on your preferred social channels using the hashtag #ClubsCon23.
Join us remotely
To make the conference accessible to our wider CoderDojo and Code Club communities, and for those unable to attend in person, we are planning to live stream some of the talks and keynotes online. If you are unable to attend the event in Cambridge and would like to be kept informed of the online elements of the event, please register below.