Join the CoderDojo Foundation Team: Senior Software Engineer
Software Engineer Job Description
CoderDojo is a global movement of free computer coding clubs for young people. Started four years ago, there are now 870 active clubs in 63 countries, giving 35,000 young people the opportunity to learn how to code in a fun, social environment. The CoderDojo Foundation is a registered charity (CHY 20812) that works to support and serve the global CoderDojo community. You can find out more information about CoderDojo and the Foundation at https://coderdojo.com/about/
This job is a unique opportunity for an individual who wants to work on an open source project that is positively impacting the world. Ideal for an individual with a passion for CoderDojo, our vision and our values.
In August 2015 the CoderDojo Foundation re-launched Zen, the open source CoderDojo Community Platform. The purpose of Zen is to provide the one stop shop for all services required to run & participate in a Dojo. After securing the tender, industry experts nearForm built the core functionality of Zen using Node.js.
This role will be primarily focused be further developing Zen, key responsibilities will include:
- Developing new features based on community requests,
- Bug fixing issues identified by CoderDojo community and submitting them to the open source repository,
- Seeing code changes through from review to deployment
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar full time role.
- Proficient with NodeJS and AngularJS
- Expert with version control, preferably Git
- Good knowledge of linux system administration
- Experience with continuous integration and unit testing
- A positive attitude with good communication skills.
- Deeply familiar with CoderDojo, its philosophy and ethos through starting, running, attending a Dojo(s),
- Experience in continuous improvement and in identifying opportunities for improvement in how the Community Platform can be delivered to the extended global CoderDojo community,
- Active contributor to open source projects
- The ability to analyse problem software areas and provide recommendations for improvements
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services tools
Please submit your CV, a link to your GitHub Profile & a short paragraph on why you feel you are the right candidate for this role to [email protected] as soon as possible.
Salary: Depending on experience
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Dublin, Ireland