New Community Support Strategy!
A huge thank you to all those who sent in their feedback on the proposed CoderDojo Recommended Practice! Our next steps are to revise Recommended Practice based on these submissions, generate necessary content to provide guidance and support to Dojos in meeting the principles and to have your Dojo participate in the Recommended Practice Pilot.
We are looking for your help!
If you’ve developed any content that has worked for your Dojo perhaps it could help other champions organize and run theirs? This content could be anything from mentor agreements, general policies, to handbooks. We appreciate that content may be geographic / Dojo specific so we will review and revise everything to make them work for all Dojos across the Globe. If you have content you would like to share, you can send it to us directly via [email protected]. Dojos will be credited on the final documents used.
New Community Strategy
We are revising our Community Strategy in order to best communicate with Dojos and their Champions. Currently we run the CoderDojo Organisers Group and regular group community calls.
We are proposing the introduction of the following community support mechanisms:
- We will be dedicating one day a week to personal community calls with members of the CoderDojo community. Using a slot booking system with blocks over the day to fit time zones.
- Fortnightly 24hour #dojochat on Twitter, for asking questions of the CoderDojo Foundation team and the greater CoderDojo community.
- Group Community Calls every 2 months, (EU, USA, Asia/Australia) We will ask the community what times of the day fists them best and change the schedule to fit the majority.
- Continued moderation of the CoderDojo organisers Google Group
- Continued support through one on one emails.
We would like to hear your feedback on your preferred method of communication with the Foundation. You can do this by completing this short survey.
We are looking forward to your valued input and knowledge. Thank you.
The CoderDojo Foundation Team.