We’re hiring! Community Support & Experience Assistant
Location: Dublin, with occasional travel to other sites and event venues
Basis: Fixed-term contract, 12 months with possibility of extension
Salary: €24,000–€29,000 (dependent on experience)
Benefits: 24 days annual leave, employer-matched pension scheme
Eligibility: You must be eligible to work in Ireland
CoderDojo is a global movement of free coding clubs for young people between the ages of 7 and 17. Clubs (Dojos) running all over the world give young people the opportunity to learn to build websites, apps, programs, and games, and to explore technology. The first Dojo was started six years ago, and there are now more than 1500 active Dojos in 75 countries, enabling 45000 young people to learn how to code in a fun, social environment. The CoderDojo movement is supported by the CoderDojo Foundation, a registered charity located in Dublin. In May 2017 the CoderDojo Foundation joined forces with the Raspberry Pi Foundation.
The CoderDojo Foundation provides support for the movement by, for example, guiding people through the Start a Dojo process, responding to queries from parents, young people, and volunteers, and ensuring that all community members can access the available tools and resources. We are now looking for a Community Support & Experience Assistant to take on these responsibilities.
This position is a great entry-level opportunity for someone passionate about customer experience and community support who is seeking to get hands-on experience in a fast-paced organisation. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic and energetic, and who wants to provide support to and help promote the growth of a global community.
The CoderDojo Foundation’s staff is a team of ten people. Our offices are in Dogpatch Labs, a co-working space in the city centre of Dublin, where we also run a Dojo for local young people twice a month. We are passionate about education and technology. We are also known for playing card games over lunch. If you are looking to have a real-world impact as part of a growing global movement, then these are the organisation and the role for you. Find more information about our team here.
- Be a friendly and efficient public face to all of the CoderDojo community, and the first point of contact for community members with support needs
- Provide proactive, real-time support for our volunteers through various online platforms (e.g. email, social media, our forums and Slack channel), responding promptly and accurately to solve any problems volunteers may encounter
- Assist new Champions (lead organisers) during the Start a Dojo journey and online verification process
- Streamline the support process by implementing or updating help articles in our FAQ section
- Work with the Community team to gather and respond to feedback from the CoderDojo community and develop solutions to raised issues
- Support the Administrator in tasks concerning Garda Vetting queries and the Garda Vetting process
- Carry out ad hoc office duties and errands
- Experience and personal attributes
You should have:
- Superb customer service skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- An investigative, logical mind
- A keen interest in digital making, education, and the surrounding ecosystem
- Excellent admin and organisational skills
- A professional, friendly disposition, and the ability to deliver a high standard even under pressure
- The ability to work independently and use your own judgement
You will ideally:
- Be passionate about the values of the open source movement
- Have experience of working with volunteers
- Have project management skills
Timetable for applications
Closing date: Thursday 2 November at midday GMT
Face-to-face interviews: Friday 3 November and Monday 6 November
Start date: Mid-/late November
Apply for the Community Support & Experience Assistant job on Workable here.