CoderDojo Coolest Projects Awards Internship Position
About the CoderDojo Coolest Projects Awards
The CoderDojo Coolest Projects awards is the only initiative of its kind in the world. Established in 2012 by a core group of CoderDojo volunteers and industry professionals. Its primary purpose is to reward and recognise creativity from within the CoderDojo community. Now in their 5th year, the awards have scaled more than 100% each year. In 2016 more than 750 projects built by 1,000 young people were showcased to over 13,000 attendees in the RDS, Dublin. The awards offer the opportunity to the future innovations and changemakers to develop and showcase their ideas, meet and connect with one another and gain additional skills from hearing inspirational speakers.
The CoderDojo Coolest Projects has seen young people deliver projects across the latest technologies from printers that dispense braille, to phones that don’t require a network connection to anti-bullying apps! These are just some of the inspiration projects that have been showcased.
This internship is ideal for an individual looking to gain experience in the technology and not for profit sectors. The right candidate will play a supportive role across the following areas;
- Communications / Marketing
- Community Engagement
- Event Management
This will be a fast paced, hands on role and the candidate should have experience in the below areas: :
- Keen interest in both the technology, social & youth sectors
- Level 6/7/8 qualification in Business/Social Sciences/Marketing
- Experience in working on their own initiative
- Excellent written & verbal skills
- Proficient working with Google Drive
- Experience with social media channels and wordpress management. HTML knowledge to edit a site is a plus.
- Great team and interpersonal skills
- A desire to learn and develop professionally
For more information, T&Cs and how to apply see here.