First Cork Coder Dojo Session
The first Coder Dojo is opening on the Saturday 23rd of July at the National Software Centre, Mahon, Cork. Registration is from 11am to 12pm and the session will run from 1pm to 5pm.
We’ll be looking at the basics of coding website in HTML and CSS from 1 to 2, in addition the new possibilities of HTML 5 later on. From 2 – 5, it’ll be open coding where you can code your open stuff, ask questions, get help, hack stuff, showcase your work or just chill and meet like minded peers. We’ll also have a guest speaker in, who’ll speak about a career in web development and design.
Open to all ages and all levels of experience. If you would like to come, just register click here to online first.
Any questions just leave a comment or contact us.
We’ll have computers at the Dojo to use, but if you can, bring along a laptop.
An email I sent out regarding the first session.
Hello all, James Whelton here, just a quick email about some things about the first Coder Dojo session:
- The gate to the NSC will be shut in the morning, there is a PIN to open it, the PIN is 1236.
- Any issues, just email me (me at jameswhelton dot com) or tweet me. I’ll give out my number in advance if you contact me prior.
- Bring a laptop if you can, we’ll have some computers on hand, but we’d rather keep them for attendees would don’t have a laptop.
- If you have anything you’d like to contribute to the space from an old G4 Mac to a beanie or even a lava lamp, bring it along!
- We’re gonna do an intro session on HTML (website coding language) for those inexperienced and look at HTML5 (for the veterans).
- Theres plenty of space in the room we have, so feel few to group up and hack stuff together. Me and Sean Phillips are going to release a cool new API.
- We’ll also want to brainstorm and plan Hackathons and events for the coming months, the NSC is open 24/7.See you all then,Happy hacking, James