We’re hiring an Administrator!
Location: Dublin, with travel to other sites and event venues
Rate: €22,800 – €26,500, pro-rata, dependent on experience
Basis: permanent; 2 days part-time and flexible
Eligibility: you must be eligible to work in Ireland
The CoderDojo Foundation is a Dublin-based educational charity that works to give every child the opportunity to learn how to code and create with technology. We do this through supporting the volunteer-led CoderDojo movement. Founded in July 2011, the movement is based on open-source principles, meaning that anyone anywhere in the world can start a Dojo. Clubs (Dojos) run all over the world on a regular basis, giving young people between the ages of 7 and 17 the opportunity to learn how to build websites, apps, programs, and games, and to explore technology. There are now more than 2,000 active Dojos in 100 countries reaching 45,000 young people regularly.
We are part of the Raspberry Pi Foundation family, a UK-based charity whose mission is to put the power of computing and digital making into the hands of people all over the world. Together with the Raspberry Pi Foundation, we represent one of the largest, sustained global efforts to help young people learn computing and digital making. You can read more about our mission, values, and goals in our 2018–2020 strategy.
The CoderDojo Foundation staff is made up of a team of fifteen people based in Dublin. Our offices are in Dogpatch Labs, a co-working space in the city centre where we also run a Dojo for local young people twice a month. If you are looking to have a real-world impact, then this is the organisation and role for you. Find more information about our team here.
- Lead the Garda Vetting project, ensuring that the CoderDojo community is supported in adopting our child protection policy and is implementing Garda Vetting in Ireland in accordance with legislation.
- Manage support on all queries relating to Garda Vetting, and process the end-to-end applications for all volunteers through the Garda Vetting eVetting system.
- Be responsible for all office administration, including providing support for our finance team throughout the annual audit, and providing support for the Head of CoderDojo in ad hoc administrative duties.
- Ensure that all promotional items are in stock for the CoderDojo team, and that these items, as well as kits for training, are safely stored in the office.
- Coordinate logistics for special projects and initiatives, including CoderDojo Girls and the shipping of Community packs.
- Liaise with the Dublin office space managers to maintain a good working relationship and a productive and pleasant place for Dublin-based employees to work.
- Provide assistance and cover for the CoderDojo Community Support Coordinator when necessary.
Experience and personal attributes
You should be:
- A natural collaborator with a history of working across teams to achieve results
- Passionate about technology, education, or digital making, and familiar with the ecosystems and communities related to these fields
- Organised and detail-orientated
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently
You should have:
- At least 2 years’ experience within a relevant sector or role
You will ideally have:
- Experience of working with and coordinating volunteers
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a range of additional benefits for all of our colleagues, including:
- 24 days’ annual leave
- A generous company pension scheme of 8% employer and 4% employee contributions
- Life assurance and long-term illness insurance
- Generous shared parental leave
- Flexible work hours as needed, to fit around childcare or other commitments
- Bike-to-work scheme
- Investment in professional development and learning
- Monthly maker days to improve your digital making skills
- Monthly all-staff meetings and socials
- Fresh fruit, tea, coffee in all our offices
Timetable for applications
Closing date: Tuesday 25th February
Initial interviews: w/b 26th February
Face-to-face interviews: w/b 2nd March