Coolest Projects International Travel Bursary: Deadline Extended!
We’re accepting applications for those seeking to receive a bursary for travelling to Coolest Projects International 2018 from across Europe.
Last year young people traveled from 17 countries to attend the event, and this year we want to help even more young people travel to Ireland to participate!
The 2018 Coolest Projects showcase will be held on May 26 in the Simmonscourt complex in the RDS, Dublin. Our goal is to have over 100 projects from outside of Ireland showcased at the event!
Deadline for Applications Extended!
Bursaries have been extended until midnight GMT 7 Febuary 2018 – to apply just enter your details on our form below. For top tips and guidelines for applying continue reading.
The Netherlands will be managing their own bursaries centrally, either through application or a local Coolest Projects and should be contacted directly about bursaries for the Dublin event;
Netherlands – https://coderdojo.nl/coolest-projects
The average bursaries (€) for each country is as follows;
Belgium – €125 per person
France – €125 per person
Germany – €125 per person
Greece – €150 per person
Italy – €125 per person
Poland – €125 per person
Portugal – €125 per person
Spain – €125 per person
Sweden – €150 per person
Turkey – €200 per person
You can apply for a bursary even if you do not reside in these locations and bursaries will be examined on a case by case basis depending on location. However, due to budget constraints we will only be able to provide bursaries for clubs residing within Europe.
Bursaries are intended for youth who wish to enter the awards, but otherwise would not be able to afford the travel costs. If you do not receive the bursary you can still attend the awards through funding your own journey or by securing local sponsorship for members of your Dojo to travel.
Top Tips for a successful application!
As we want as many projects entered and youths to attend as possible, preference will be given to parents/guardians/Mentors who can travel with more than one youth presenting a project (eg a parent bring two children who are both presenting, or a parent who can bring a child & their friend who are both demoing projects at the awards or a Mentor/Champion bringing several young people entering projects). Siblings and additional family members can attend, but bursaries will only be provided to young people participating and a single guardian.
*This form is ONLY to be filled out by 1 CHAMPION or MENTOR/VOLUNTEER on behalf of the entire club*
Criteria for selecting bursary winners for Coolest Projects
- Enter by midnight GMT 7 Febuary 2018.
- Each of the applicant’s party must be a member of a verified and active club with CoderDojo.
- Allocations will be made on a country by country basis. Each region will be given a set of spaces to be filled which will be based on the number of Dojos in each country.
- Gender balance of attendees will be considered as Coolest Projects is seeking to have an equal gender balance of projects demonstrated. I.e. 50% girls, 50% boys
- Project categories will be considered in order to have an array of international projects across every category.
- Groups and individual projects will be considered in order to have a mix of international projects showcased.
- The involvement and contribution of the Dojo in the CoderDojo community. e.g. Mentors who have contributed to Zen, CoderDojo Community Committee Members, Volunteering and organising events such as Coolest Projects/Dojocon or Regional Events in their own area will be considered when awarding bursaries.
- The ratio of adults to young people will be considered as we want to ensure that as many young people as possible get the chance to experience Coolest Projects!
Note: All guardians travelling with children will be responsible for their well being and safety for the duration of the trip. Any adult travelling with a child that is not their own must gain written consent from their parent(s). The CoderDojo Foundation or the Coolest Projects team will not accept liability for any children or their guardians travelling to Coolest Projects International Event.