Advanced Scratch Sushi Cards
We’ve got another content release for you! This time it’s more Scratch content, specifically Advanced Scratch Sushi Cards that will help Ninjas build a platformer-style video game. I’m pre-supplying some of the code to get things going faster, but the fun parts are all in the Ninjas’ hands:
- Adding more levels
- Making new powerups
- Creating enemies
- Putting interactivity into levels
The cards also end with a series of suggested extra challenges for the Ninjas to try.
Accompanying this release is a matching Advanced Scratch Badge which can be awarded to Ninjas who demonstrate knowledge (which they’ll get by finishing the Sushi Cards!) of all of these criteria:
- Cloning sprites
- Using variables inside cloned sprites
- Creating and using “More” blocks
- Reusing code in several places with “More” blocks
- Messages to trigger behaviours across sprites
- Using variables to configure your program
As usual, have fun and let me know what you think in the forums!