Job Opening: CoderDojo Foundation CEO
CoderDojo Foundation CEO Job Description
– About CoderDojo –
CoderDojo is unique. CoderDojo enables young people to develop their skills as creators and inventors of technology in collaborative physical locations. It does this by empowering local individuals and Champions to create and facilitate child-led, exploratory learning environments around the world. Our ultimate vision is to give every child in the world the opportunity to learn how to code, be creative and have fun in a safe, social and collaborative environment.
Now celebrating the 5th birthday of the movement, and with more than 1,000 active Dojos globally, the CoderDojo Foundation is seeking to hire a CEO who will lead the organisation and grow it from 1,000 dojos to 10,000 Dojos. The individual will be expected to work with global stakeholders to build the profile and brand of the CoderDojo Foundation, secure funding and partnerships to allow the organisation to scale, making the name CoderDojo synonymous with youth and coding.
The CEO will be responsible for the overall leadership and governance of the CoderDojo Foundation to ensure the organisation is conducted in an impactful, effective and efficient manner.
– About CoderDojo Foundation –
The CoderDojo Foundation is a charitable organisation whose purpose is to support, scale and sustain the global CoderDojo movement. With ten employees all based in Dublin, the CoderDojo Foundation undertakes a number of initiatives including:
- Developing the suite of tools and infrastructure available to the CoderDojo Community with a primary emphasis on Zen – the open-source community platform.
- Developing content and tools to make the process of starting, running and sustaining a Dojo as effortless as possible.
- Cultivating a global connected community through a communications and engagement plan.
- Delivering core community-focused events.
- Scaling the movement through a number of initiatives including
- Maintaining a multi-channel support strategy
- Working with identified Ambassadors
- Working with funding partners and strategic partners.
- Developing the fundraising function of the CoderDojo Foundation with the intention of developing a diversified fundraising base including;
- Cross sector and industry corporate donors,
- High net worth individuals,
- Foundation donations and
- Event or initiative specific sponsorship.
- Develop and maintain a lasting relationship with donors to ensure on-going support through increased communication and donor stewardship.
- Developing and cultivating partnerships and relationships with relevant stakeholders and partners to support and scale the CoderDojo movement.
- Design and deliver new approaches to fundraising such as high-level donor engagement, direct mail campaigns, legacy promotion and identification of suitable trust and foundation support to increase funding at both a national level and at a branch level.
- Identify Corporate Partners and cultivate relationships to establish new Charity Partnerships.
- Based on current growth projections, CoderDojo will double in size from 1,000 to 2,000 Dojos within 18 months, and will reach 10,000 Dojos within five years. The CEO will be expected to produce a growth plan that delivers or even exceeds these growth targets.
- Ensure the growth plan incorporates sustainability of active Dojos. Currently 80% of Dojos are retained year on year, a rate that is targeted to increase to 85% within two years.
- Governance and oversight of the organisation including ongoing monitoring and implementation of the Good Governance Code and Statement.
- Defining and implementing Guiding Principles for Fundraising.
- Ensuring the organisation is well governed and fully aligned to its driving values with a specific focus on Transparency.
- To undertake any other duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Chairperson of the board or of the Board as required.
- Establish a presence in North America, working with the Dublin-based core support and growth team.
This is a full-time position which can be based in a number of core CoderDojo movement locations but could ideally be based in North America. Remuneration for this role will comprise a fixed salary in line with the organisation’s status as a ‘not for profit organisation’, and the overall budget of the organisation.
An experienced executive with expertise in sourcing and managing partnerships and track record in scaling organisations from growth phase to extended growth and maturity.
– Skills & Experience
- The CEO will be a high calibre and experienced professional, preferably with a background in the technology sector.
- Proven track record in fundraising and/or sales.
- Experience in determining and executing strategy.
- Strong background in delivery of results.
- Strong communicator, relationship builder, negotiator and influencer.
- Strong reputation and personal brand.
The candidate’s values should intrinsically align to those of the CoderDojo Foundation, which include;
- Community / Membership.
- Contribute / Deliver.
- Charity / Not for Profit / Free of Charge.
- Delivering Positive Impact.
- Be Cool, Be Creative, Have Fun.
- Open & Free.
- Opportunities for kids & young people.
- Technology & coding as critically required skills.
- Diversity & Inclusion.
Interested candidates should contact our Executive Search partner O’Malley Sorohan (email [email protected])