Learn More About: CoderDojo WA
What is CoderDojo WA?
CoderDojo WA is a network of coding clubs (Dojos) throughout Western Australia. Dojos provide fun, free and social open learning environments where young people can meet others with similar interests, develop 21st century skills and build creative projects of their own choice using digital technology. In 2016 we have over 60 Dojos in WA that are supported by over 90 Champions, 200 Mentors and attended by over 1,000 Ninjas.
CoderDojo WA provides:
- Region-specific support to Western Australian Dojo’s
- Streamlined verification for listings on the CoderDojo.com website
- Assistance with volunteer and mentor recruitment.
- Ability to receive charitable donations to support Dojos
- Champions to shape the growth of the movement in WA
- In short, without infringing on the autonomy of any Dojo in WA, CoderDojo WA provides comprehensive support and a network of like-minded peers to promote the success of each club.
Population of WA Australia:
Number of Dojos:
63 (June 2016)
Corporate & Pro-Bono Partners:
Scitech, Churchill Consulting, Spacecubed, Bankwest
To create and sustain dojos all around Western Australia.
Currently the structure of CoderDojo WA is funded and supported solely by the Fogarty Foundation who act as the regional body for CoderDojo. CoderDojo has been adopted by the Fogarty Foundation as part as there STEM initiatives.