Celebrate the Hour of Code with CoderDojo!
Celebrate the Hour of Code with CoderDojo:
The 2015 Hour of Code is here, with 191,000 events registered around the world so far!
What is the Hour of Code?
The Hour of Code is a one-hour introduction to computer science, designed to demystify code and show that anybody can learn the basics. It is a global movement reaching tens of millions of students in 180+ countries. Dojos in dozens of countries are participating in the Hour of Code 2015. Anyone, anywhere can organize an event. One-hour tutorials are available in over 40 languages. No experience is needed! – See more here.
Why celebrate the Hour of Code by signing your Dojo up to participate?
- Challenge yourself and your ninjas to learn something new this week
- Join up with millions of students globally and facilitate learning together.
- Each of your ninjas will be entitled to an ‘Hour of Code’ certificate upon completion!
- Every organizer will receive $10 to Amazon.com, iTunes or Windows Store as a thank-you gift!
Register your next Dojo event here
Some exciting free resources to help you with your ‘Hour of Code’:
Some awesome resources to help you with your ‘Hour of Code’:
- Help Elsa create snowflakes with code here.
- Create code in a Galaxy Far Far away! Try the Star Wars Tutorials.
- Utilise Coderdojo ‘Sushi’ resources: coding concepts are communicated in easy-to-digest, bite-sited chunks.
- Teach, learn and make with Raspberry Pi.
- Use blocks to take steve or Alex on a journey in minecraft! Try here.
- See more here
If you have any questions about getting involved in the hour of Code please don’t hesitate to contact us directly via: [email protected]