Join the CoderDojo Foundation team: Community Liaison Lead
CoderDojo is growing at a phenomenal rate & so is our dedicated community of volunteers and mentors! With over 760 active Dojos in 59 countries, we are hiring a Community Lead to take CoderDojo community engagement to the next level & support the scaling of the movement globally.
Role Description: Community Liaison Lead
The core objective of this role is to support, sustain and excel growth of CoderDojo in regions. Responsibilities will include
- Supporting existing champions and mentors in sustaining these Dojos, through sourcing additional mentors / and or content,
- Improving and increasing communications and engagement between and within the existing and growing CoderDojo community, through running 1:1 calls, regional group calls, community forums etc,
- Disseminating the CoderDojo Regional license & agreement,
- Developing and managing 1:1 relationships with key Community Regional Leads,
- Researching & executing scalable growth opportunities for CoderDojo in underserved regions,
- Identify challenges facing Community members, develop & execute strategies to overcome these challenges,
- Review, editing & rating the plethora of technical content that Dojos around the world have created to make it available in easy to use format for global Dojos.
The ideal candidate for this position is an individual passionate about CoderDojo and experienced with community management and the open source world. It will be a fast paced role and the person will need to be able to juggle a number of different priorities!
- Deeply familiar with CoderDojo, its philosophy and ethos through starting, running, attending a Dojo(s),
- 3+ years minimum working in a similar role,
- Demonstrable experience in in community management e.g managing open source community projects (Librivox, GitHub), active forum moderation/contributor,
- Level 7 or 8 or relevant qualification in Business/similar degree,
- Willing to work evenings / weekends where required,
- Strong track record of leadership skills owning and delivering projects; a self starter
- Strong communication skills across all typical channels of communication e.g in person, phone, email, ticketing systems and presentations,
- Strong relationship management and ability to engage with an extended global community of volunteers
- Experience in continuous improvement and in identifying opportunities for improvement in how the CoderDojo Foundation delivers to the extended global CoderDojo community,
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
Location: This is a Dublin based role, while being Dublin based you are part of a global movement, the individual should expect to travel overseas on average 2-3 working days per month, and within Ireland 1-2 days per month.
Salary: Dependant on experience
Hours: Full Time 9:30 – 6:00pm
To apply for this job please send through your CV & cover letter outlining your motivation for applying for the job to [email protected] by October 1st 2015 5:00pm. Not for you but know the ideal candidate, share this with them!