3rd September 2015
Pop-up Dojo @ Electric Picnic
CoderDojo will have a special Pop Up Dojo at the Electric Picnic music festival in Stradbally Estate, Co. Laois! The festival takes on 4th – 6th of Sept. At our “Pop Up Dojo”, located in the Science Gallery Tent in the Mindfield area, we’ll be giving young people (aged 7 – 17) and their parents the opportunity to get a taste of it’s like to attend a CoderDojo. As always the sessions will be free, fun and interactive! No previous experience of working with technology is required, for either the attending child or their parent / guardian!
The Coding /Gaming / Music making sessions will be 45 minutes long, free of charge! Sessions will be hosted on:
- Saturday 5th from 12pm to 3pm
- Open Registration from 12 – 1pm
- Sessions from 1pm – 3pm
- Saturday ignite talks @ the Science Gallery Tent in Mindfield
- 5.50pm-6pm, Talk from CoderDojo Foundation CEO, Mary Moloney
- Sunday 6th from 12pm to 7pm
- Open Registration from 1pm – 2pm
- Sessions from 2pm – 4pm
Each session will start “on the hour” and will facilitate 10 young coders. Each child must be accompanied by a parent / guardian. Places will be initially allocated on a “first come, first served” basis with pre registration available for those who turn up at a full session and want to return for the next one.
The sessions will cover:
- Scratch Workshops (Beginner coding)
- Raspberry Pi Gaming (Intermediate / Advanced)
- MaKey MaKey Musical Instruments (Fun for all)
In addition to the sessions that we’re running for kids, members of the CoderDojo Foundation team will be available at the Science Gallery tent in Mindfield to explain how; kids, young people, adults & businesses can participate at Dojos or support CoderDojo. We look forward to seeing you there!