The CoderDojo Foundation are hiring! Technical Lead position in Dublin
Do you want to use your programming skills to build software that will scale a global movement already reaching over 25,000 people? Apply for our Technical Lead position.
Location: Dublin City, Ireland (remote working is not a possibility)
Hours: Full Time, 9.30am – 6.00pm
Contract: 12 month fixed term contract
Salary: Dependant on experience
The CoderDojo Foundation is a registered charity (CHY 20812) that works to support and serve CoderDojo, the global network of free programming clubs for young people. The CoderDojo Foundation is made up of a small team based in Dublin who are passionate about youth, education and technology. You can find out more information about CoderDojo and the CoderDojo Foundation here.>
The CoderDojo Foundation is looking for an Technical Lead to monitor, maintain and contribute to the development and continuity of the online systems and networks for the global CoderDojo community and the CoderDojo Foundation internal team.
The priority responsibility will be the management of the CoderDojo Community Platform, a project that is being launched in early 2015 to bring all of the CoderDojo community web services together into one concise platform. For more information about this exciting project which will impact the global Community see here>.
The CoderDojo Foundation Technical Lead will also be responsible for the management of Kata, the CoderDojo Community wiki (MediaWiki), basic server administration, management of the CoderDojo.com (Community) and CoderDojo.org (Foundation) WordPress sites.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with CoderDojo, its unique ethos, philosophy and have a passion for open source software.
It envisioned that this role will evolve over time, with the right candidate becoming a pivotal and long standing member of the team. If this role isn’t for you, but you know someone who might think it’s a great opportunity, please pass it on!
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with CDF team members, CoderDojo Community members and collaborators on projects.
- Manage time and projects effectively.
- Liaise with CoderDojo community contributors, and development house (project currently at tender stage) of the CoderDojo Community Platform.
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications and on-boarding to the CoderDojo Community.
- Managing bug fixes and feature requests in the CoderDojo Community Platform.
- Devise, review, curate and rate technical content used in Dojos.
- Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reporting.
- Extensive knowledge of PHP, HTML and CSS
- Extensive knowledge of WordPress CMS
- Knowledge of SQL, Java, Ruby.
- Knowledge of MediaWiki
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with large range of stakeholders
- Experience working in fast paced teams and with multiple stakeholders
- Familiarity with CoderDojo community and ethos
- Familiarity with Mozilla Open Badges
- Knowledge of Salesforce and Salesforce integration
- Track record in contribution to open source projects is an advantage.
If you are interested in applying for this role please forward 1) your CV 2) a link to relevant work/website/GitHub account 3) one paragraph about why you think you are the right candidate for the job to info[at]coderdojo.com
- Deadline for job application is Sunday 8th of February 2015.
- Interviews will take place during week starting the 9th of February 2015.
- Start Date: March 2015