27th May 2014
Community & Operational Support Internship
The CoderDojo Foundation (formerly the Hello World Foundation) is a technology & youth work charity set up to support and scale the CoderDojo movement. Our vision is a world where every young person has the opportunity to learn how to code in a safe, social and collaborative environment.
What is CoderDojo?
CoderDojo is a volunteer led, open source movement of free not-for-profit coding clubs for young people aged between 7 and 17. At Dojo’s young people learn how to code, develop websites, apps, games and more in a social, open learning environment. Started three years ago, CoderDojo has spread to over 400 locations in 40 countries around the world. For more information see www.coderdojo.com.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to get a broad range of experience from a non profit organisation that has a global impact. The role will be diverse and exciting and the candidate will be required to manage and play a support role on a number of areas within the organisation. The individual will be given the opportunity to shape the role and adapt it to their strengths within the organisation. Some of the duties that the individual will be working on include;
- Play a key supportive role on incoming queries and support requests from the CoderDojo community
- Receive training in the ‘Start a Dojo’ processes and assist new Dojos on this journey
- Work with CRM systems, such as Salesforce, to find relevant Community members
- Prepare internal documents such as meeting minutes, agendas and update reports on current projects
- Copyedit community facing content such as FAQ, or Knowledge Base Wiki
- Assist in preparation and planning of any events that the Foundation is involved with
This will be a fast paced role and the person will need to be able to juggle a number of different priorities! For this reason the right person must be/have:
- Keen interest in both the technology, social & youth sectors
- Level 7 or 8 or relevant qualification in Business/Social Sciences/Arts
- Experience in working on their own initiative
- Organised and efficient
- Excellent written & verbal skills
- Proficient with excel, word, powerpoint
- Great team and interpersonal skills
- A desire to learn and develop professionally
- To apply please e-mail your CV, and a one page single sided cover letter to: [email protected]
- Include your motivations for applying, why you are the right candidate & what you wish to get out of this opportunity
- Deadline: Sunday 29th of June @ 6pm
The T & Cs
- The selected candidate will be reimbursed a set amount towards expenses incurred
- The internship will last for a period of 6 months
- The internship is based in Dublin city centre and the candidate must be able to attend the office every day
- Start Date: July/August 2014
If it’s not for you, but you know someone who might think it’s a great opportunity, please share this with them.