Community & Operational Support Internship
The Hello World Foundation’s is a new technology & youth work charity set up to support and scale CoderDojo. Our vision is a world where every child has the opportunity to learn how to code in a safe, social and collaborative environment.
What is CoderDojo?
CoderDojo is a volunteer led, open source movement of running free not-for-profit coding clubs for young people aged between 6 and 17. At Dojo’s young people learn how to code, develop websites, apps, games and more in a social, open learning environment. Started two years ago, CoderDojo has spread to over 250 locations in 30 countries around the world. For more information see www.coderdojo.com
This will be an incredibly diverse administrative & operational role! The candidate will be required to manage and play a support role on a number of areas within the organisation.
- Manage Community support requests
- Monitor processes and propose necessary changes
- Preparation of internal & external documents
- Project research and support
- Preparation of partner & funding proposals
- Supportive role with Financials and Monthly Bookkeeping
- Assist in preparation and planning of any event HWF has involvement
This will be a fast paced role and the person will need to be able to juggle a number of different priorities! For this reason the right person must be/have:
- BA/BSc or relevant qualification in Business/Social Sciences
- Experienced in working on their own initiative
- Organised and efficient
- Excellent written & verbal skills
- Proficient with excel, word, powerpoint/keynote
- Great team and interpersonal skills
- A desire to learn and develop professionally
- Keen interest in both the technology, social & youth sectors
- Deeply passionate about our mission
The person appointed will be a key member of the team. This is an excellent opportunity for a person to get a broad range of experience from an organisation already having global impact. We are based in Dogpatch Labs meaning we get a free office lunch once a week, free softdrinks, snacks, pool table & dart board in office!
The T & Cs
- The selected candidate will be paid €200 per week as a contribution towards expenses incurred
- The internship will last for a period of 6 months
- To apply please email your CV, and a short cover letter indicating your motivations for applying, why you are the right candidate & what you wish to get out of this opportunity to [email protected]
- Deadline: Sunday 5th January @ 5pm
- Start Date: January date to be confirmed
If it’s not for you, but you know someone who might think it’s a great opportunity, please pass it on!