DojoCon Friday (Drogheda) Saturday (Slane Castle) – What you need to know
Less than 3 days to go to DojoCon in Drogheda (Friday) and Slane Castle (Saturday). Lots of people are getting excited and asking good questions – so we thought we’d share the ones you need to know.
If your question still isn’t answered here, drop the DojoCon team a line – [email protected].
Despite the professional lineup remember that we’re all volunteers. Above all , Be Cool!
Whoops! Don’t get caught out by this …
- You must bring your EventBrite ticket with you. We are slightly overbooked on Slane Castle capacity, and have 40 people on the wait list. To be fair we will need to enforce ‘no EventBrite booking, no Entry‘.
- Don’t go to the wrong place! – Friday Night meetup is in Bru, Drogheda. The main event on Saturday is at Slane Castle
- The main conference is mentor focused. The small Dojo (25 places) that we are running in parallel sold out in 11 minutes.
Registration and Times
- Registration (remember your EventBrite Ticket!) will give you entry, your Lanyard and conference guide.
- Registering Friday eve will cover you for both days, a good idea as Saturday morning could be quite busy.
- Registration will open in Bru Drogheda on 6pm Friday evening.
- Registration will open in Slane Castle at 9am Saturday morning.
- Full conference timetable is here (Friday, Saturday and Afterparty)
Transport and Logistics
- Remember that we have two venues! Slane Castle (the Saturday venue) is a scenic 16k or 20m Drive from Bru in Drogheda (the Friday evening meetup).
- Car parking on site is very limited. We would encourage you car pool with your fellow Dojo Mentors, or use the Avego Car pooling mobile app (details at end)
- We will have a bus running from Drogheda to and from Slane as follows
8.20am Boyne Valley Hotel Drogheda – Pickup
8.30am D Hotel Drogheda
9.10am Arrives Slane Castle
4.45pm Bus departs Slane Castle for drog and returns to slane
7pm Bus departs Slane Castle for Drogheda
8.30pm Bus departs Slane Castle for Drogheda
11pm There will be a late bus (Slane Castle to Drogheda); this one will cost €5/head, payable to the driver
- For the sake of everyone’s timings, the bus will leave on time! If you miss it, or enjoy Friday night too much, then the hotels will be able to get taxis for you. Elite Cabs are at 087 294 4234 and Abbey cabs are at 087 934 3866. Taxis will generally cost about €20 although if there are a few of you, it might be €30 to split.
- Still not sure how to get to Drogheda, Slane or the Boyne Valley? Drogheda.ie has some directions. Drogheda Tourist office might be able to help if you’re still looking for accommodation.
- Still not sure about travel or accommodation? Drop us a line – [email protected]
Slane – http://goo.gl/maps/6e4ei
Drogheda, Bru – http://goo.gl/maps/uqWFB
Food and Coffee
- Friday Evening (Bru Drogheda) we have finger food and cash bar.
- Saturday (Slane Castle) we have tea and coffee during the day, and will feed you lunch. We have a Vegetarian option, but our caterers at Slane will be working ‘offsite’ (i.e. cannot offer special requests). If you’ve particular dietary needs, you may want to consider bring some backup food in case what we have to offer doesn’t suit.
- Saturday evening (Networking Reception ahead of the After Party- we’ll feed you Pizza). It will be a cash bar (probably with no Visa / Laser facility)
Other important stuff
- Slane Castle have been very good to us – please don’t go wandering off around the grounds!
- Despite Slane Castle being in the village, the Castle entrance makes it about a 2k walk.
- There is no ATM in the village of Slane.
The After Party
- How many times have you been invited to Lord Henry’s private Nightclub? At least once! Stick around after the conference for the after party (we’ll feed you pizza to keep you going). More at http://conference.coderdojo.com/the-enemies-to-play-at-the-dojocon2013-after-party/
Travelling to #Dojocon this weekend? Try out the cool app from Avego to get there the smarter way. Using the Avego App, Drivers can fill the empty seats in their cars, and Riders can find a seat in a private car going to their exact destination.
- Download the free Avego app from www.avego.com
- Create a profile, add a photo and some info about yourself.
- Select your role as passenger or driver and add the trip that you would like to make to get there and back.
- Join the #Dojocon group on the Avego app
Then let the fun begin, drivers can reach out to Passengers , and, Passengers can reach out to Drivers. Share the journey with other like minded people and benefit from a cheaper and greener commute.
Tweet and Shout!
If you’re going to DojoCon 2013, let the world know! Tweet using the hashtag #DojoCon2013 and follow @CoderDojoDrog for more updates.